Bamboo rugs are beautiful, elegant, and hard-wearing, making them a popular choice for households and businesses. Over time, dirt and other stains from everyday use can build up on the rug.
However, if you know how to clean bamboo rugs, you won’t have trouble keeping them looking clean.
Are you looking for a way to clean your bamboo rugs? Well, this article is just what you need. We have put together a few simple tips to help you clean your bamboo rugs.
- 1 How to Clean Bamboo Rugs
- 2 Frequently Asked Question
- 3 How Do You Clean a Bamboo Fiber Rug?
- 4 How Do You Clean Bamboo Carpets?
- 5 Are Bamboo Silk Rugs Hard to Clean?
- 6 Can You Vacuum Bamboo Silk Rugs?
- 7 How Do I Protect My Bamboo Mat?
- 8 Conclusion
How to Clean Bamboo Rugs
Bamboo rugs are a popular material for modern decor. And cleaning them is also not so difficult.
Here’s our guide on how you can clean bamboo rugs.
Step One: Shake It
Just because we said to shake, don’t shake it with too much effort. Remember, bamboo rugs are durable, and there is no presence of any fiber in them.
So no particles can find any place to hide behind. And you just need to shake gently to remove the dirt and particles. Avoid using any broomstick or something hard.
Step Two-Vacuum It
After shaking, it’s time to vacuum the bamboo rug. Vacuuming doesn’t damage the bamboo rug. You can vacuum both the front and back parts.
Prefer to use the suction power to vacuum the bamboo rug. Using a beater brush is best to avoid. You can vacuum regularly to clean the bamboo rug; there is no problem.
Step Three- Clean It
Cleaning a bamboo rug is as simple as that. It won’t take hard effort, and you won’t need to spend hours after it.
Only a few minutes is enough. Purchase a mild carpet cleaner or make a DIY solution with home ingredients.
Take a gallon of warm water, add a few drops of dish liquid, and one tablespoon of baking soda. Mix all these ingredients until everything dissolves properly.
Take half of the solution in a bucket, take a clean microfiber cloth or sponge, put it in the solution, squeeze well and wipe away the bamboo rug with it.
If the cloth or sponge is dirty enough, change the other half solution and repeat the same process.
Step Four- Dry It
Don’t make the mistake of drying it under sunlight or with a hairdryer. Heat or sunlight can snatch the shine and reduce the lifespan of the bamboo rug.
After cleaning is done, wipe away with a clean, dry microfiber cloth and absorb all the excess moisture.
Now turn on a fan or dry it naturally; the bamboo rug gets dry just in a few minutes, not even an hour.
Cleaning Bamboo Rug Binding or Edges
Cleaning the bamboo rug is simple, but not the bindings. Yes, cleaning the bamboo rug binding or edges is not so simple.
Because most of the bamboo rugs’ binding material is fabric, yes, it’s fabric. So it will be a little challenging to clean it and dry it.
But don’t worry as we are here for you. We will tell you the method of cleaning binding without damaging the bamboo rug.
- Make a solution of vinegar and warm water equal and add two tablespoons of baking soda to it. Pour the solution in a spray bottle; now spray this solution directly on the bamboo rug binding.
- If there is any stain, use an old toothbrush and scrub gently in a circular motion. Spray again and scrub again until the stain is gone. Leave the bamboo rug in this state for fifteen minutes. Baking soda and vinegar will do its magic and clean the binding in a few minutes.
- Is time up? Now wipe away with a damp microfiber cloth.
- Again don’t leave it in direct sunlight. Ventilate the area and leave the bamboo rug until it’s dry.
- You can also take baking soda and sprinkle it all over the binding. Baking soda will absorb the moisture. Once it’s dry, vacuum it, vacuuming will remove the baking soda residue, and your bamboo rug will be free of any dirt and dust.
Bamboo Rug Maintenance Tips
The bamboo rug is simple to maintain. This beauty comes with a long lifespan without maintenance.
But the problem occurs when the backing of bamboo rugs is a natural fiber. Because natural fiber needs care.
Damaged backing means damaged rug. So you have to follow some maintenance tips. And maintaining it will also keep the rug like a new one.
- Avoid placing the bamboo rug in direct sunlight. Because like other rugs, the bamboo rug also lost its shine and faded away due to being under direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from any type of heat. Be it sun heat or any kind of heat, too much heat can damage the rug gradually. Heat reduces the lifespan of bamboo, so does the bamboo rug.
- Avoid wet and moisture. Bamboo is durable and can withstand wet and humidity, but the problem lies in its backing. If the bamboo rug has a natural fiber backing due to being wet, mold or yeast can easily grow under the bamboo rug and rot the rug. So don’t place a bamboo rug in an area where moisture is available or get in touch with water.
Read Next on Home Essentials Guide
Frequently Asked Question
How Do You Clean a Bamboo Fiber Rug?
Cleaning a bamboo fiber rug is not unlike cleaning a bamboo rug. Shake it out to eliminate loose dirt and dust, then vacuum both the front and back parts to remove the fine particle.
Now use a mild cleaner or dish liquid and warm water solution, damp a sponge into it, squeeze well, and wipe away the entire bamboo fiber rug. That’s it!
How Do You Clean Bamboo Carpets?
Cleaning bamboo carpets is not difficult, but it does require some patience and care. Here are a few tips to help you clean bamboo carpets:
1. Start by spraying the area with water to loosen any dirt or dust.
2. Remove any large pieces of debris with a vacuum cleaner.
3. Wipe away the carpet’s surface with a damp microfiber cloth to remove any remaining dirt or dust.
4. Apply a mild soap solution to a sponge and scrub the carpet’s surface until clean.
5. Rinse the area off with cool water and dry it completely before applying your chosen protection (e.g., sealant, furniture polish).
Are Bamboo Silk Rugs Hard to Clean?
Bamboo silk rugs are not hard to clean, but they require a little bit of care. You should avoid using harsh chemicals or soap on bamboo silk rugs, which may damage them.
Instead, you can use a mild soap and water solution or a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment.
Can You Vacuum Bamboo Silk Rugs?
Yes, you can vacuum bamboo silk rugs. Just like traditional silk rugs, bamboo silk rugs are also beautiful and can withstand vacuum cleaning.
In fact, vacuuming regularly can expand a bamboo silk rugs lifespan.
How Do I Protect My Bamboo Mat?
There is nothing to worry about the bamboo mat surface because bamboo is durable and long-lasting, but the worry is backing. If a bamboo rug comes with natural fiber backing, you have to take care of it.
If it gets touched with wet or moisture, mold will grow faster. So to protect the bamboo mat protects its backing from any type of wet and moisture.
A bamboo rug is an excellent addition to any home. They are beautiful, durable, and long-lasting. And most importantly, they are simple to clean and don’t need to be maintained a lot.
A minimal effort is enough to keep it in good condition for years. How? We have already said that above.
Our shared method on how to clean bamboo rugs, their binding, and their maintenance guide is explained in detail above.
Our DIY solution is tested and actionable; try it once and let us know how helpful the bamboo rug cleaning process is.